Saturday, April 30, 2011

I did it!

Yes folks, I did. I walked 13.2 miles today!  Woo hoo!!! I finished a The Parkway Half Marathon this morning!


My alarm went off at 4:45 this morning and I DID NOT want to get up! I had a million and a half excuses to get my butt back in bed. BUT, I got up, got dressed, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth and hit the road. It was FREEZING on the bike trail but the whistle blew and off we went.


That's my medal!
I was chugging right along until the 8-mile marker when I felt a blister coming. Two miles later, I. WAS. DONE. My feet were killing me, my hips and knees were aching...long story short, I was tired. Seriously, I wanted to quit. Had there been a sign on the road, saying "Quitters exit here" I would have gone. Somehow though, I managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other for the next 3.2 miles.


So, here's to persevering even when you wanna quit. Here's to starting an adventure even when you're scared...especially when you're scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment