Monday, January 4, 2010

Day One


So, I couldn’t sleep last night. My brain wouldn’t stop thinking about…everything, I guess.  It had to have been nearly 1:00 am before I finally crashed which made the “baahh, baahh, baahh” of my 5:00 am alarm clock that much more annoying. I did however, get up and exercise!  WOO HOO!

I exercised a 12-minute routine (plus a six-minute warm up) on my new Biggest Loser game for the Wii. Mmmmm…actually, calling it a game is stretching the definition of “game.” Modernized mid-evil torture might be more accurate. I even chose Bob over Jillian for my trainer. If I’m being completely honest here…I was ready to stop after the six minute warm up!

Anyway, the exercising was pretty intense and definitely a “real” workout (whatever that means). I had to do push ups, pelvic thrusts, and…JUMPING JACKS! Let me tell you – heaving all of my 288 lbs into the air over and over was – I’m sad to say – an extremely difficult task. Thankfully, I survived the exercise, showered, got dressed, and packed up my lunch.

Other than being pretty tired from a lack of sleep – My day was pretty darn good. No major temptations or setbacks. However, as the evening wore on, I began to realize that my mind was tempting me. Tempting me to make some excuse to eat fast food. I’ve always believed that food addictions are very similar to drug/alcohol addictions. I’m clearly not a medical professional and have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol but quitting overeating has got to be close. Is it possible that I have over indulged in food so long that I’ve actually formed some kind of dependency to it? I swear – just the thought of how that food will smell and taste and feel in my stomach is nearly enough to get me to go buy it. Distraction – both mental and oral (gum, apples, etc.) is what got me through today.

I’m proud of myself for making it through day one but can see that things will get worse before they get better and that’s okay - I’m ready for the challenge. I’m praying to stay strong and make through this tough period of food withdrawal. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment