Friday, January 8, 2010

Day Five (part 1)

Okay, so it's been a few day since I've blogged but I am still here and doing well. My first day of exercising was quite literally torture. Nevertheless, it was a morning of torture I'm glad I participated in!

Unfortunately, I became so sore as Monday evening wore on and in full sore mode Tuesday morning that I haven't been able to exercise since. In fact, I haven't been able to walk much or sit down gracefully since then – for those are activities that require the use of my severely shocked thigh muscles.

The good news is that my legs are now healed. This healing occurred much faster than I thought it would which I take to be a very good sign that while unhealthy, I'm not quite as out of shape as I thought and my body is clearly ready for the challenge. The second and most excellent piece of news is that I did not deviate from my healthier eating. In my past diet/weight-loss ventures, one setback usually led to a justification of all out slacking. "Well, if I can't exercise there's no point – I might as well just eat want I want too." Therefore, I consider this minor setback accompanied with award winning stick-to-it-tiveness a major success!

I am writing this as Part 1 because I plan to blog about my return to exercise this evening. I think my long-term success will be better served by trying a workout that won't leave me bedridden so I'm going to experiment tonight and share my findings.

Thanks for sticking with me. Talk atcha tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment