Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day Forty-One

Happy Saturday everyone! What a gorgeous day outside, huh? I just can't begin to tell you how great I'm feeling and how much progress I'm making in both my training and fundraising for the 3-Day for the Cure event! I've raised $416 dollar in just over a week and have been walking every day!

I was up late last night finishing The Lightning Thief with my oldest son, Sean. We had to finish it so we can go see the movie together on Monday! Even though we were up late, we all got up early to eat breakfast together, then Carlos headed off to his golf tournament at Cherry Island and Sean headed to his friend's birthday party. That left AJ and I in the quiet house. We hung out for a bit and then got dressed and head out for a walk in the beautiful sunshine. We made it just about a mile and a half before he started getting antsy. Nice quick walk that got my heart-rate up and burnin' some calories! I plan out going out with him again after he wakes up from his nap.

It's amazing to me how hard it's been staying on track with my goals. Each time I was pregnant, I was able to quit all the bad eating immediately, walk everyday, stay healthy - but when it's just for myself - I can't manage to stay the course. Why is that? That's been the greatest thing about training for this walk in November though. It's been just the thing to keep me focused - not only on exercising and getting in shape but also on raising money. I'm even planning to get the kids involved to help me make posters for my upcoming used book sale! So...fun for the whole family! Quality time with the munchkins, healthy time for me - sounds like a winning pair!

Anyway, I'd better get going. I've got some housework to do before the munchkin wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment