Monday, May 24, 2010

80% feels great...

Well, I have made it to 80% of my fundraising goal so far. My last fundraiser was a used book/garage sale at a local swap meet. I sold used books (donated mostly from a local used bookstore owner) and various "things" donated from family, friends, and strangers. My husband, son, mom and grandma were all up at the...eh hem...crack of dawn to help me out and stayed with it ALL day! I raised just under $600 bringing my total raised to $1,854! Woo hoo! I've been holding on to the cash for a few weeks now in hopes that I will find someone whose company has a matching git program through which I can "funnel" my cash donations. I'm having a hard time not feeling like an Enron Exec. when I say this...  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get over it!

I'm taking it easy right now - by easy I mean trying to focus just on my training. The start date for the 24-week training program is coming up quickly and I even though I'm scared of the time drain - I'm also ready for the challenge (I think).

I have been gobbling up the helpful information experienced 3-day'ers have been provding in their blogs. So many things I never would have thought of and will now be saved the embarrasement and/or pain of experiencing them first hand.

I have just over $400 left to raise but I'm taking my time to decide what other fundraising events I will do. I have considered a spaghetti feed, car washes, and poker nights. I'm also pretty confident that I do up a cool T-shirt design to sell if I can find someone to make me a good deal on printing...so many options.

Anyway, I'm exstatic to see so many other walkers suceeding in their fundraising. A few walkers posted they'd reached their goal recently on the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure Facebook page. I can't wait to be there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment