Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thank you body…

Well, I've been working out steadily and consistently for about three weeks now. (I started back in January but have been all over the place as far as how often or long I exercised.) I have been following a 12-week since March program to get me walking 3 miles a day. When this ends in May, I will transition to the 24 week program to take me right up to the 3-Day event in Arizona.

When I started walking - I was averaging just over a 20 minute mile. I was happy with this but it would mean that I would end up walking about 7 hours a day once I arrive at the 3-Day event in Arizona. Over the last three weeks, I have shaved about 3 minutes off my mile and 1 HOUR off the time it would theoretically take me to walk 20 miles/day in November. Wow! I feel great. Walking just over a 17 minute mile really get my heart rate up, gets me sweating, and gets my muscles burning. I can FEEL that I'm not only building up my strength and endurance but also creating a healthier being. I can feel the muscles in my thighs, calves, tummy and arms - all of them - and instead of being whiny about the burn - it actually feels good. I can feel my body thanking me for putting it to good use and not taking it for granted.

So - here's to my body! Thank you for being so strong and staying with me even when I was abusing you. Thank you for staying healthy even when I tested I your limits. Thank you for being there to support me and being ready for the challenge when I finally woke up. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment