Monday, July 19, 2010

Week 8??

Well, I've been down and out for a while now. At the end of week four, I was having some pretty uncomfortable foot pain and decided to lay off for a bit. After two weeks, with no real improvement I went to the doctor to have a look-see. X-rays determined there was no stress-fracture (Yay!) but there was arthritis (Boo!). The Doc suggested I take one more week off, continue taking anti-inflammatory medicine, then get back on the road. About a week after that, I got an infected cyst on my inner thigh, which pretty much made walking impossible. I was quite afraid this second injury was going to be a doosey but after a week of antibiotics, I'm good as new and ready to get back on the road. Seems like I lucked out since Week 8 seems to be a mild one so I'm anxious to get back out there and get training.

With the Boston 3-Day starting this weekend, I was definitely feeling the pressure of not being on track with my training. I have addressed some of the issue in my previous post about issues I've been having with getting my walks in…

  • I have found a few other women in my area that are training for the 3-Day. One that is actually training for the AZ walk, which is pretty amazing and a few others that are training for San Diego. We haven't managed to hook up yet but I'm certain we will soon.
  • I still have a few more pieces of gear to get. I'm going to try out one of those little nylon backpacks and ditch the waist pack – I hate it. J I also need to find a hold for my iPhone. I plan of doing both of these tonight after work so I'm ready to go in the morning! J

Anyway, I just wanted check in real quick. I'll report back later with an update on my progress this first week back on the road!

 

~Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment